Privacy Protection Policy
Pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes §42-471 and any other applicable federal, state or local law or regulation, it is the policy of Jones, Damia, Kaufman & DePaul, LLC to protect the privacy of your personal information by doing the following:
- Safeguarding any data, computer files and documents containing your personal information from any misuse by third parties;
- Destroying, erasing, or making unreadable any data, computer files and documents containing your personal information prior to their disposal;
- Protecting the confidentiality of your Social Security number and other personal information;
- Prohibiting the unlawful disclosure of your Social Security number and other personal information;
- Limiting and/or restricting the access to your Social Security number and other personal information to other third parties; and
- Limiting the access of your Social Security number and other personal information only to our employees who need access to your personal information to allow us to provide legal services to you, limiting the access of these employees to extent that it is needed, and otherwise imposing restrictions and reasonable safeguards on our employees to prevent them from accessing your personal information.
If there is ever a breach of security regarding your personal information, we intend to comply with applicable state and federal law requirements regarding the notification and disclosure to you and to the appropriate authorities of the circumstances surrounding the breach.
“Personal information” for this section is defined as any information that you may provide to us that can be used to identify you individually, including but not limited to your name, email address, home address, telephone or fax numbers, Social Security number, driver’s license number, state identification card number, bank account number, credit card or debit card number, passport number, alien registration number, as well as any company account number that we assign to you. In addition, we maintain the confidentiality of all the personal information of our clients in accordance with the Rules of Professional Conduct applicable to all attorneys.